Hillcrest Seniors | Newsletter
Click Here to download the latest edition.
• A casual, 1-hour gathering in the Generations Building Atrium; to help establish Thursdays as “our day,” to encourage fellowship and to provide a good opportunity to share news about Senior activities as well as general church activities. Included at no extra charge is a short devotion.
Our Senior Adults are only “Senior” by title. They are an active bunch and enjoy a lot of fellowship and fun together.
Pat Mobley | Pastor, Senior Adults and Pastoral Care
• Bible study classes: Sundays | 8:15, 9:30 & 11:00a, Nine Mile
• Bible study classes: Sundays | 8:15, & 11:00a, Spanish Trail
• Our senior adult choir, called “Joyful Sounds,” rehearses each Monday, late August through early June, in the Northwest Fellowship Hall. This choir presents two special musical programs each year, plus other activities.
• Our “BIG EVENT” for Hillcrest Seniors, a lunch or dinner meal and program, usually (but not always) on Thursdays. Sometimes pot-luck, sometimes catered, the biggest Young-at-Heart event is our annual, fully catered, dress-up Christmas Banquet in early December.
• An excuse to get together and share a meal (Dutch Treat), usually at a restaurant, and a great opportunity to invite someone you know who is not able to get out much, or who can’t drive anymore, or someone you have been wanting to invite to church. There is no “program.” We just advertise where and when, and whosoever will may come!
• About once a month we have a senior game day in the Northwest Fellowship Hall. Board games, dominoes and cards are offered and seniors enjoy lunch together.
• Throughout the year, we plan several low-cost day-trips for seniors: planetarium, Bellingrath Gardens, Pensacola Historic Village, to name a few.
• Planned especially for those seniors who cannot be gone from home for long trips, or who cannot walk great distances, these trips are “low-impact,” physically and economically.
• One in the Spring and one in the Fall, these are our “BIG” trips for Hillcrest Seniors 55+, usually from five to seven days. Our recent trips included New England, the Grand Canyon, and Orlando.