Let’s get on the same page
2023 bible reading plan
Access the reading plan below or pick up a bookmark at one of the Next Steps Centers.
2023 Reading Plan—Old Testament
2023’s Bible Reading Plan is reading the entire Old Testament. You can get your new plan at the Next Steps Center today or see the links below.
We will also memorize the book of Philippians together and those verses are noted on the Reading plan and bookmarks.
We recommend journaling using the HEAR method. It promotes reading the Bible with a life-transforming purpose.
HEAR stands for Highlight, Explain, Apply, and Respond. Each of these four steps helps create an atmosphere to hear God speak.
- The name of the book
- The passage of scripture
- The chapter and verse
- numbers that speak to you
- A title to describe the passage
- Why was this text written?
- To whom was it originally written?
- How does this text fit in with the verses before and after it?
- Why did the Holy Spirit include this passage in the book?
- What does the Holy Spirit intend to communicate through this text?
- What does this text teach me about God?
- What does this passage mean today?
- What would the application of this passage look like in my life?
- Does the text identify an action or attitude to avoid or embrace?
- What is God saying to me?
- Write a call to action.
- Write about how you will different because of what God has said to you today.
- Indicate what you are going to do because of what you have learned.
- Write a prayer to God based on what you’ve just read.