Let’s get on the same page
2021 bible reading plan
Access the reading plan here or pick up a bookmark at one of the Next Steps Centers.
2021 Reading Plan—f260
In 2021 we are using Foundations (F260) as our Bible reading plan. F260 is a 260-day reading plan that highlights foundational passages of Scripture every disciple should know.
We recommend journaling using the HEAR method. It promotes reading the Bible with a life-transforming purpose.
HEAR stands for Highlight, Explain, Apply, and Respond. Each of these four steps helps create an atmosphere to hear God speak.
- The name of the book
- The passage of scripture
- The chapter and verse
- numbers that speak to you
- A title to describe the passage
- Why was this text written?
- To whom was it originally written?
- How does this text fit in with the verses before and after it?
- Why did the Holy Spirit include this passage in the book?
- What does the Holy Spirit intend to communicate through this text?
- What does this text teach me about God?
- What does this passage mean today?
- What would the application of this passage look like in my life?
- Does the text identify an action or attitude to avoid or embrace?
- What is God saying to me?
- Write a call to action.
- Write about how you will different because of what God has said to you today.
- Indicate what you are going to do because of what you have learned.
- Write a prayer to God based on what you’ve just read.