April 23, 2022 | 8:00a – 5:10p | Northwest Hall | Nine Mile Campus
$10 per person | Childcare $5 per family
This event is for anyone that wants to understand and connect better with children from hard places and is geared towards parents, teachers, volunteers, family, and friends that interact with kids in those situations. This is a simulcast event, previously known as Empowered to Connect.
Contact Laurie for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Topics that will be covered include the following:
- Learning Module 1: An Introduction to Trust-Based Relational Intervention (TBRI)
- Going Deeper topic to include the importance of understanding ACES.
- Learning Module 2: Connecting Principles
- Going Deeper topic to explore biological and adoptive sibling dynamics.
- Learning Module 3: Empowering Principles
- Going Deeper topic to unpack the need to acknowledge one’s own limitations and implement self-care strategies as a care provider.
- Learning Module 4: Correcting Principles
- Going Deeper topic to feature a discussion of the challenges to and importance of finding rhythms to promote unity as parents during the day-to-day.
- Learning Module 5: The Gospel + TBRI
- Going Deeper topic to discuss the hope and relational nature of God and the incarnation of Jesus as foundational cornerstones informing the efficacy of TBRI.